Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Validating data on the screen

===== Begin Section for Copy/Paste to your Post =============
    1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which

tool LR or PC)
    LR9.1

2. What is the protocol you are recording?
    Web (HTML/HTTP)

3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
    NO

4. If URL mode:
    NA

5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
    NA

6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
    New

7. You must list here the specific Licensed Vuser type for your specific issue AND the

license amount you have for your Vuser protocol(s) - per the example below No response to

this question or N/A are not options) If you are using a cracked or hacked version, list as

"CRACK".

DEMO

8. Is your support/maintenance contract current and active?
    NA

9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.) are being used for load

generators and controllers? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
    WINDOW XP SP2

10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this

point with respect to your issue?
    NA

===== End Section for Copy/Paste to your Post =============

We have an application which is like a Questionnaire of approx 40 pages. The user enters the data and submits. The Questionnaire is sent again so that the answers are up to date. On average there are 100 fields per page to fill out.

1. I was able to record a simple script to enter data the first time and then reuse the script in different environments parameterizing certain data.

2. I want to validate the Questionnaire the data the second time it's sent to the user to make changes now. When i did record of the script without making any changes, the script recorded with POST requests (hence the same data was submitted) at each flip of the page.
    q1)How can I validate all the fields that I entered a value in? My idea is to use the original data file used in 1 to validate against what appears on the screen
    q2)If the idea is to store all the returned values into a parameter and then compare against the data file, is there a quick way of creating these parameter values retrieved from the screen and comparing them against expected data file.

I know this is not an ideal use of a performance tool, i would really appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Validating data on the screen

aptsauga,

There is NO DEMO license for LR. There is an Evaluation license that is specifically to be used during an Evaluation of LR prior to purchase.

If you mean that you are working on an Evaluation license, then the person to ask your questions to are HP (if you're working with them directly) or the VAR that is trying to sell you LR. Regardless of whether you are working with HP or a VAR, they are completely incentivized to answer all your questions and show you that LR is perfect for your application.
    Unless you are writing a compiler, strtok is NOT the answer.
    See: http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.ph...=541641#542222

QAF is still an exercise in self-sufficiency! (Thank JB!)