Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Collecting Windows Resources

Hello,
    I am facing an issue with collecting windows resources for the machine ehcbenchvm026 for EXCO bench.

I have got the following error message while running the test.

Host: ehcbenchvm026 , Monitor name :Windows Resources. Cannot connect to machine ehcbenchvm026.
    Reason: Access is denied. (net use failed, error code: 1326,

error description:

Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.) Hints: Check that your login user name appears as administrator on this machine. Check that you have entered the correct machine name. Check that the machine exists and that it is online (use the ping utility for this operation). Delete the machine and add it again (entry point: TestMachine).

------------------------
    The same credentials were working absolutely fine yesterday. Today the password expired and I had to reset it. I am using the new password now but it fails. Have tried with another username too..

If you have any solution for this problem, please let me know…

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Collecting Windows Resources

What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using?
    Performance Centre 9

2. What is the protocol you are recording?
    Web

2.1 If .NET, which version of .NET does the app require?

2.2 If .NET, which version of .NET do you have installed?

2.3 If OracleNCA with Oracle Forms Server, please list the version of Oracle Forms Server. You can get this info from the main Oracle Form when launched - Help -> About

3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
    Yes

4. If URL mode:
    - Concurrent groups, or
    - Without Concurrent groups?
    (indicate which)

5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
    (List details here)

6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
    New

7. You must list here the specific Licensed Vuser type for your specific issue AND the license amount you have for your Vuser protocol(s) -

Web/500

8. Is your support/maintenance contract current and active?
    No.. It has to be renewed

9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.) are being used for load generators and controllers? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
    Windows VM

10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
    NO

Missed out on this.

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hello people,

I just tried giving in the IP address instead of hostname and it worked.. though, wondering on what the issue could have been?

any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Did you try the fully qualified machine name? That would be my guess why IP works when the machine name doesn't.

-Terri

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    Hello people,
    I just tried giving in the IP address instead of hostname and it worked.. though, wondering on what the issue could have been?
    any suggestions are welcome.
    Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a bit odd, Terri's guess is at least as good as anything I could think of.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Your LMHOSTNAME may be resolving to a different physical host. By placing an IP address in the field as opposed to a hostname for resolution then you guarantee access to a particular host. However, you may want to check that you have the correct host for monitoring!
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes