1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which tool LR or PC)
Load Runner v 9.5
2. What is the protocol you are recording?
3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
4. If URL mode:
- Concurrent groups, or
- Without Concurrent groups?
Not using URL Mode
5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
New Recording Engine
7. You must list here the specific Licensed Vuser type for your specific issue AND the license amount you have for your Vuser protocol(s) - per the example below (Unlimited, Permanent, N/A, etc. are not options) If you are using a cracked or hacked version, list as "CRACK".
HTTM/HTML - 500 Vusers
8. Is your support/maintenance contract current and active?
9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.) are being used for load generators and controllers? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
Window XP - SP2
10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
As part of the script am generatign a string with dynamic values (that are fetched from the server response).
(1. generate ranodm no. 2. fetch from the array created by webregsave param 3. attach to string)
This string needs to be build with atleast 3000 items.
So the module builds this string takes more than 60 sec just to build 100 items. so at that point LR issues
"connection closed after being inactive for 107 seconds".
This is all in vugen.
so my quetsion is:
1. Can i increase the keep alive timeout to 3000 sec in vugen? this dosent sounds like a good solution
2. Or can i build the string in advace with constant 3000 items for this request?
3. Or there is anyother nice way of doing this?
Re: String results in HTTP keep alive timeout isses
1- You can increase the http connect & receive timeout to 1000 seconds and the download to a max of 32000. You can change these in the runtime settings --> preferences --> options. I believe the default values are 120 (2 minutes).
2- If you feed hardcoded constants as parameters to your script, are you still going to get relevant results? That's the question I would ask myself. Because I really don't know any workarounds to this.