Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Handling Binary Strings in Correlation

===== Begin Section for Copy/Paste to your Post =============
    1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which tool LR or PC)
    LR 9.51

2. What is the protocol you are recording?
    Web (HTTP/HTML)

2.1 If .NET, which version of .NET does the app require?
    n/a
    2.2 If .NET, which version of .NET do you have installed?
    n/a
    2.3 If OracleNCA with Oracle Forms Server, please list the version of Oracle Forms Server. You can get this info from the main Oracle Form when launched - Help -> About
    n/a

3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
    (indicate yes/no)
    yes

4. If URL mode:
    - Concurrent groups, or
    - Without Concurrent groups?
    (indicate which)

5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?

6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
    new
    7. You must list here the specific Licensed Vuser type for your specific issue AND the license amount you have for your Vuser protocol(s) - per the example below (Unlimited, Permanent, N/A, etc. are not options) If you do not know because you are using a cracked version, list as "CRACK".

Web / 1000
    RemoteAcess / 100

8. Is your support/maintenance contract current and active?
    Yes

9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.) are being used for load generators and controllers? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
    VuGen - Win XP SP2
    Load Generator - Window 2003 Server

10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
    I have filed a service request with HP support, but they are still investigating

===== End Section for Copy/Paste to your Post =============

I have an application that I recorded using the Web (HTTP/HTML) protocol. It records web_custom_reuqest call with BodyBinary within the step. I did two separate recording and compared them wdiff. I found a LB and RB and inserted a web_reg_save_param call using the /BIN flag. I am able to capture the string from the subsequent call to the server. However, it captures the string with single \'s instead of the double \\'s that were captured in the original recording. I assume I have to convert the singe \'s to double \\'s in my parameter prior to passing this back to the server. How can I do this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Handling Binary Strings in Correlation

Robin, thank you for subscribing to our model here!

- Try this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for sharing - that was interesting and funny but does not solve my problem. I'm trying to take a correlated string like: \x86\xac\x95\x1d\x0b and convert it all single \'s to double \\'s prior to sending it back in the next call. Has someone already figured this out? Maybe some C code?
    Thanks,
    Robin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

That does the conversion. That is what you parameterize.

Do the substitution to see what changes so you can see what needs to be parameterized. I find this easier than wdiff.

Example from a parameter file:
    \\x001\\x001\\

Maybe I missed the point?? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I wasn't clear. This is a dynamically created string that changes each time the script is run. So I assume I will need to correlate the value in place instead of bringing it in via a static parameter file.
    It is part of a larger string in the code:
    "BodyBinary=\\xAC\\xED\\x00\\x05sr\\x00?com.mutual ofomaha.nbs.server.request.GenerateControlCardRequ est\\xF4_F\\xBES\\x93BB\\x02\\x00\\x01L\\x00\rappl icationIDt\\x00\\x10Ljava/lang/Long;xpsr\\x00\\x0Ejava.lang.Long;\\x8B\\xE4\\x90\ \xCC\\x8F#\\xDF\\x02\\x00\\x01J\\x00\\x05valuexr\\ x00\\x10java.lang.Number{SubmitApplResponse}"
    I assume the {SubmitApplResponse} will need to have the double \\'s just like the string segment in front of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Robin,

What you see is the "escaped" values. If for example you wish to capture the first char set of "F4_F" from the below you would need
    web_reg_save_param("NameOfChoice", LB=GenerateControlCardRequest\x", "RB=\x", LAST);

"GenerateControlCardRequest\\xF4_F\\xBES\\x93BB\\x 02\\x00\\x01L\\x00\rapplicationIDt"

For the previous discussion and solution, you may need that to parameterize at some point. Anyway what I like to do for every instance of body binary is to do the conversion and add the converted stuff as comments below the body binary so I can always see easily correlation and parameterization candidates.