WEB(HTTP/WEB) recording on PegaRules engine issues
1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using?
LoadRunner Version 18.104.22.168
2. What is the protocol you are recording?
3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
HTML or URLs (Tried both)
4. If URL mode:
- Concurrent groups, or
- Without Concurrent groups?
With Concurrent Groups
5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
New recording Engine
7. You must list here the specific Licensed Vuser type for your specific issue AND the license amount you have for your Vuser protocol(s) - per the example below (Unlimited, Permanent, N/A, etc. are not options) .
8. Is your support/maintenance contract current and active?
(substitute your answer here - Yes or No)
9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.) are being used for load generators and controllers? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
Windows XP SP2
10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
I am trying to record a WEB/HTTP script against a PegaRules application. The application is a simple loan origination application. While recording, after logging into the application, I select new loan – I receive an application null pointer exception. If I do the exact actions with the browser (not going through the VuGen recording proxy) I do not get the application null pointer exception.
I have noticed issues in the record log with respect to not been able to connect to the VuGen recording proxy.
Request Connection: Remote Server @ XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:16252 (Service=) Failed attempt #1. Unable to connect to proxy (@ YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY:9934): sid = 2016, rc = 10038)
XXX is the server of the application under test
YYY is the loadRunner VuGen scripting PC
I am able to record and replay actions (have however noticed some actions are repeated in the LoadRunner script ).
It appears as if the VuGen Scripting engine has dropped some information required by the application server. Note I am able to view and edit an existing originations application.
Does the VuGen scripting proxy change HTTP contact while recording?
Has anyone else experienced a simular issue and how did you solve it?