1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? 9.1
2. What is the protocol you are recording? Web Services
2.1 If .NET, which version of .NET does the app require?
Framework .Net 1.1
2.2 If .NET, which version of .NET do you have installed?
Framework .Net 1.1
3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
(indicate yes/no) No
4. If URL mode:
- Concurrent groups, or
- Without Concurrent groups?
5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using? 9.1
(List details here)
6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine? New
7. You must list here the specific Licensed Vuser type for your specific issue AND the license amount you have for your Vuser protocol(s) - per the example below (Unlimited, Permanent, N/A, etc. are not options) . Permanent/2000
8. Is your support/maintenance contract current and active?
(substitute your answer here - Yes or No) Yes
9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.) are being used for load generators and controllers? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.) Windows XP SP3
10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue? No
Am I missing something with respect to correlation???
I usually code my own registrations using web_reg_save_param() and have had no problems.
I'm in the process of testing a new app which happens to have lots of account data. Coding it manually would be a tedious process, so I've decided to use the automatic correlation feature in the recording options.
I've created my correlations but in recording the app, I noticed that VuGen is replacing ALL matches for correlations. In other words, if a correlation finds a match and the captured correlation parameter variable has a value of "N", VuGen subsequently replaces all "N"s with that parameter variable! Even reserved words! See sample code below: