LoadRunner crashes multiple times
1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which tool LR or PC)
2. What is the protocol you are recording?
2.1 If .NET, which version of .NET does the app require?
2.2 If .NET, which version of .NET do you have installed?
2.3 If OracleNCA with Oracle Forms Server, please list the version of Oracle Forms Server. You can get this info from the main Oracle Form when launched - Help -> About
3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
4. If URL mode:
- Concurrent groups, or
- Without Concurrent groups?
Without Concurrent groups
5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
(List details here)
6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
Ans: I am new to LR, I believe New Recording.
7. You must list here the specifc Licensed Vuser type for your specific issue AND the license amount you have for this Vuser protocol - per the example below (Unlimited, Permanent, N/A, etc. are not options) .
8. Is your support/maintenance contract current and active?
(substitute your answer here - Yes or No)
9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.) are being used for load generators and controllers? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
Windows XP. SP2
10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
Haven't got a response.
I installed LoadRunner and began recording a simple login script for our web application (Java). The Loadrunner crashes and closes out during various instances like:
1) After recording when I tried to save the file
2) When I click on replay
3) When I open the recording options window
I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice but still facing problems with loadrunner. I have installed only the Virtual User Generator and Analysis on my system.
I have also attached a screen shot of error message which was displayed once before loadrunner crashed.
I don't know if this is the cause for problem, but I have QTP 9.1 installed on my system. I did restart my system after I closed QTP and before I opened loadrunner, but with no luck.
Any suggestions on how to solve this issue would be really helpful.
Re: LoadRunner crashes multiple times
First, LR8.1 is kind of old. Look into getting the current version.
Second, you need to start with "clean" systems, boxes dedicated to whatever LR function you intend to use them for. Virus checking s/w and security s/w and other applications all decrease the probability that LR is going to work.