| || |
1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which tool LR or PC)
Mercury LoadRunner 8.1
2. What is the protocol you are recording?
3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
4. If URL mode:
- Concurrent groups, or
- Without Concurrent groups?
5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
7. You must list here the specifc Licensed Vuser type for your specific issue AND the license amount you have for this Vuser protocol - per the example below (Unlimited, Permanent, N/A, etc. are not options) .
License Validity: Unlimited
Web & Multimedia: 100
Network Bundle: 100
8. Is your support/maintenance contract current and active?
9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.) are being used for load generators and controllers? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
No service request filed
I have the following question:
One of the applications that i am testing was running successfully in the past. In the new version sporadically 2 or 3 users fail during the load test. The number of passed transactions is round about 225, the number of failed transactions is 4 or 5. The page that was expected by the virtual user was not received (text check failed, string not found, user failed).
Thanks in advance
text check failed, string not found, user failed are LR error...
did you check http code for these failures?
According to the snapshots that were created during the error, the server sends the same page again if the user tries to continue. The virtual user expects the next page in the flow and i check this using "web_reg_find". If the string is not found, the user fails - which is because the same page comes a second time.
Because of this is happening only very rarely, it is not easy to reproduce.
HTTP status code is okay.
Thanks for your help.
I have a couple of suggestions.
First, make absolutely sure that you have good validation in place for the call prior to the one you are seeing the error on. It could be that the prior call failed but the scrpt continued on because there is either no validation or something generic that would allow the script to continue.
Second, I would change the logging to extended with all the options selected. (Only on error) Change the log size to the max of 100. This might catch enough data for you to see what is going on.
4. Concurrent Groups
5. LR91P026 QFE
7. All protocols - 3500 Vusers
9. Windows 2003 SP2
Thanks for the hint to reduce the logging amount to "Only when an error occurs".
I will add some additional validations to the pages and try to reproduce the error. Then i hope that development will be able to get a hint out of the information collected.
Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour
. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.
Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.
Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes
Executing the LoadRunner script manually (doing the same as the virtual user) sometimes also shows the error. It may take some time until the user gets the error, but it is possible to reproduce it.
I think it is a functional problem, not a load problem. Development now knows what to do to get the error.