2nd iteration JsessionID failure

1. What version of LoadRunner (LR)

2. What is the protocol you are recording?

2.1 If .NET, which version of .NET does the app require?
    2.2 If .NET, which version of .NET do you have installed?
    2.3 If OracleNCA with Oracle Forms Server, please list the version of Oracle Forms Server. You can get this info from the main Oracle Form when launched - Help -> About

3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs

4. If URL mode:
    - Concurrent groups, or
    - Without Concurrent groups?

5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?

6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?

7. You must list here the specifc Licensed Vuser type for your specific issue AND the license amount you have for this Vuser protocol - per the example below (Unlimited, Permanent, N/A, etc. are not options) .
    500 HTTP (Web)

8. Is your support/maintenance contract current and active?No

9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.) are being used for load generators and controllers? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
    XP SP3

10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
    Not Done

__________________________________________________ _________

Am having the following issue when attempting to run my script for multiple iterations (first iteration works fine):

No Match Found for requested Partameter

The parameter which I am attempting to capture is the jsessionid however this is not returned on the 2nd iteration from the server, and I am struggling to think of a way around this, and would be grateful for any suggestions you are able to provide.

Re: 2nd iteration JsessionID failure

I get that you have correlated the jsessionid value. Also, you are getting the jsessionid from homepage and using it in the subsequent request.

The problem may be you might have put the first request (homepage) in the init section. Try moving that request to some action. Hope this will resolve your problem. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

check boundries of jsession id in second iteration, check for other candidates for correlation in second iteration

Do you have 'simulate new user each iteration' set in the runtime settings?

I have seen this behavior in web applications in the past. The initial jsessionid is used for the entire user's session. This is not an issue with the application or LoadRunner, it is just how the app works. You can put an if statement around the web_reg_save_param that checks that it is the first iteration.

Thanks for all your help, i have managed to get it working.

I used the if statement to check that it is the first iteration and if so do a web_reg_save_param (JsessionID) and if it is any other iteration to ignore the web_reg_save_param for the JsessionID.