Record UI or Use WebServices?
What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using?
What is the protocol you are recording?
If .NET, which version of .NET does the app require?
If .NET, which version of .NET do you have installed?
If OracleNCA with Oracle Forms Server, please list the version of Oracle Forms Server.
If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs?
If URL mode:
- Concurrent groups, or
- Without Concurrent groups?
Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
Old Recording Engine
List here the Licensed Vuser type/ quantity that you are/were using for this specific issue /problem.
SAP - Web 1000
Is your support/maintenance contract current and active?
What platform(s) and Operating Systems are being used for load generators and controllers?
Windows XP version 2002 Service Pack 2
If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
I have an app for performance testing which has front end/user interface. The api is webservices.
there are 2 ways we can write the lr scripts.
1. to record the scripts from the front end..using http/html with web_custom_req on.
2. just test the web services by plugging in the web_custom req.
Now my question is,
1. is there any diff between the two in terms of measuring the system performance?
2. do we see any tatency in response times?
3. what will be the normal approach one has to take a performance tester.
Re: Record UI or Use WebServices?
- yes..there is diffrence between two
- Response time diffrence is depend on how you are defining your transactions
- Approach should depend on objective of testing
e.g ...in some cases we do both.. as with WS you can test performance early in dev. cycle or in some cases it helps in diagonize performance issue.