1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using?
2. What is the protocol you are recording?
AJAX (Click and Script)
3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
script describing user actions
4. If URL mode:
- Concurrent groups, or
- Without Concurrent groups?
5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
7. List here the Licensed Vuser type/ quantity that you are/were using for this specific issue /problem.
8. Is your support/maintenance contract current and active?
9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.) are being used for load generators and controllers? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
All - Server 2003 StdEd SP 2
10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
We have some code written in Web(HTML) code, and there's a section that I think would be more efficient if it were in Click & Script because there are a lot of parameters that need to be tracked. These parameters do not need to be specifically manipulated, so if we could avoid the overhead of keeping track of them, it would be preferred.
I tried to insert some Click & Script code that I recorded in an AJAX(C&S) script, but I get the following errors at runtime:
a001_OnlineBill.c(1388): Warning -26352: The context for HTML-based functions is reset due to a GUI-based function being called (web_static_image) [MsgId: MWAR-26352]
a001_OnlineBill.c(1388): Error -26160: Browser not found [MsgId: MERR-26160]
a001_OnlineBill.c(1388): There is no context for GUI-based functions. A web_browser(... "Navigate=" ...) may be missing, or the context has been reset (e.g., all windows closed or an HTML-based function called) [MsgId: MMSG-26204]
a001_OnlineBill.c(1388): web_static_image("imgSaveBtn") highest severity level was "ERROR" [MsgId: MMSG-26391]
The Click & Script code is placed within some Web(HTML) code.
Is there a way to set the context for the GUI-based code so that it doesn't err out like this?
I just recorded the same section of the application in a Web(Click and Script) script and it produced identical code.
This code should be able to run in a AJAX(Click and Script) script right? It's essentially Web(Click and Script) code in an AJAX(C&S) wrapper script.
I guess what I'm asking is if there's a way to regain focus on the browser for Click & Script code?
At the beginning of C&S scripts, it sets the focus on the browser using web_browser(). Is there a way to regain this focus if it is lost?