correlating values in AMF protocol

1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using?
    LR 9.1

2. What is the protocol you are recording?
    AMF and web(HTML/HTTP)

2.1 If .NET, which version of .NET does the app require?
    2.2 If .NET, which version of .NET do you have installed?
    2.3 If OracleNCA with Oracle Forms Server, please list the version of Oracle Forms Server. You can get this info from the main Oracle Form when launched - Help -> About

3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
    (indicate yes/no)

4. If URL mode:
    - Concurrent groups, or
    - Without Concurrent groups?
    (indicate which)

5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?

6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?

7. List here the Licensed Vuser type/ quantity that you are/were using for this specific issue /problem - per the example below.

8. Is your support/maintenance contract current and active?

9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.) are being used for load generators and controllers? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)

Controller machine and Load generator:

10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?

Hi All,

Please find the above details.
    There is a require ment for perfomance testing a flex application.
    I have used AMF and HTTP protocols for recording.I am new to this protocol.Please find the below function.

"BodyBinary=\\x00\\x03\\x00\\x00\\x00\\x01\\x00\\x 04null\\x00\\x02/"
    "1\\x00\\x00\\x00\\xE0\n\\x00\\x00\\x00\\x01\\x11\ n"
    "\\x81\\x13Mflex.messaging.messages.CommandMessage \\x13operation\\x1Bco"
    "body\\x11clientId\\x15timeToLive\\x13timestamp\\x 0Fheaders\\x17destina"
    "\\x0B\\x01\\x01\\x01\\x04\\x00\\x04\\x00\n\\x05\t "
    "DSId\\x06\\x07nil%DSMessagingVersion\\x04\\x01\\x 01\\x06\\x01",

I am not able to correlate the value "I98D51389-D513-6E92-4A08-9958B680AEE" .I can find it in the AMF XML request(Generation log).But it is nowhere in the response part.

Can you please help me out in getting this resolved.

Re: correlating values in AMF protocol

Check using extended log, if you are seacrching for exact value you may not find since response would contain changed value.

First, you might want to purge the URLs out of your post.

Record a couple of times and compare the value. You may need to talk to the developers if this value is really not coming back from the server.
    Unless you are writing a compiler, strtok is NOT the answer.
    See: http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.ph...=541641#542222

QAF is still an exercise in self-sufficiency! (Thank JB!)

Ah... AMF.. welcome to the Jungle.

I have the same problem as you do. REcorded a POC script and the frigging CorrelationId / MessageId /WhatisId etc are NOWHERE to be found in ANY log. I suspect it is getting hidden in the first binary packets that are sent early on into the script.

In short, the standard answers we usually give for people for correlation were of NO HELP in ANY way.

(I sound frustrated because I am [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] - the developers as usual had NO CLUE at all about any of these call - lost a few hair folicles by the end of it)

By the way the scripts worked without changing any of the correlationids - but which LR dude will ever be happy if his script contained hard coded values?

Thank you to all for your valuable comments.
    I am able to correlate other values related to the application such as package id, report value...etc.
    Except the one which I have specified here.

After hearing your comments, I confirmed that there is no way to correlate those values.

[quoteREcorded a POC script and the frigging CorrelationId / MessageId /WhatisId etc are NOWHERE to be found in ANY log

[/ QUOTE ]

It gets generated initially when you launch the client application.You can ignore this correlation id/correlate it if it is coming hardcoded in script,you will find this id in links/generate some random number of same length and pass it to server,server will be happy to accept that number provided it is same throughout the iteration/session.

Most likely you can ignore this.

I am facing the same problem, but in my case if i execute the script for first time it is failing but if the same script is executed for second time it is passing . Can you please help me out in this

you realise this thread is over an year and four months old.

Start a new thread, explain your problem, your analysis , etc and then it will take us somewhere.