1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using?
2. What is the protocol you are recording?
3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
4. If URL mode:
- Concurrent groups, or
- Without Concurrent groups?
5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
7. List here the Licensed Vuser type/ quantity that you are/were using for this specific issue /problem.
8. Is your support/maintenance contract current and active?
9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.) are being used for load generators and controllers? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
All - Server 2003 StdEd SP 2
10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
This may end up being a question for HP, but I was hoping to get some perspectives from other engineers who may have used the Web and AJAX scripts as well.
We are currently working with Web scripts. The licenses that we are using are for the Web & Multimedia Bundle, which includes Web (HTTP/HTML), Web (Click and Script), Web Protocol. We are testing a web-based application and have mostly been using the Web (HTTP/HTML) protocol for our scripts.
We are also considering AJAX licenses in the future. It *appears* as though what we are doing with the Web scripts, we can also do with the AJAX (Click and Script) protocol. The obvious benefit is that we would be able to utilize the AJAX functionality if we were to do this. What I am wondering (and have thus far been unable to find much information on) is what you can do with the Web (HTTP/HTML) scripts that you would be unable to do with an AJAX (Click and Script) script?
Web (HTTP/HTML) scripts will tend to be much lighter-weight with little demand on the load generator video card. The AJAX "protocol" is very intense and not unlike all other GUI-type protocols. As of today, my data tells me that I can with Web (HTTP/HTML) scripts for a particular app get ~ 400 VU per DL-385 load generator and about 50 for AJAX.