| || |
Object not displayed due to excess line item rows
Hi, here is my information:
1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which tool LR or PC)
2. What is the protocol you are recording?
Multi-Protocol - Oracle NCA/Web (HTTP/HTML)
2.1 If .NET, which version of .NET does the app require?
2.2 If .NET, which version of .NET do you have installed?
2.3 If OracleNCA with Oracle Forms Server, please list the version of Oracle Forms Server. You can get this info from the main Oracle Form when launched - Help -> About
Forms Server v12 using socket mode
3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
HTML-based using explicit URLs.
4. If URL mode:
- Concurrent groups, or
- Without Concurrent groups?
separate steps using concurrent groups
5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
old recording engine, I believe.
7. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have -
8. If subscription, is subscription current or expired?
9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.)? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
VuGen = Windows XP Pro 2002 SP2
10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
I have a specific issue with the Object or Window not displayed error. I understand the concept of the window not being in focus and that is not my issue here.
Specifically, I've launched a web form that has 5 line items displaying on the form. There is a scroll bar to the right of the section of line items.
I need my script to enter 18 line items into the section. Manually, the user would either tab out of the field that they entered text into (the user would have to tab 5 times to have the cursor tab into the next row and field to be filled), or the user can click the down arrow to set the cursor in the next field to be filled. I have recorded and replayed both options (tabbing 5 times and clicking the down arrow) which are both unsuccessful during replay.
Via VuGen, when I try to tab (or down arrow) to the field located in the 6th row (which is not displayed on the form) I get the Object or Window is not displayed error. But manually this action would cause the cursor to enter into the next row.
The scroll bar will not be useful since it will not expand until the cursor is placed in a field on the 6th row or if the 6th row is populated with a value.
Can anyone think of a workaround for this?
Re: Object not displayed due to excess line item rows
I would be worried that the script is not correlated correctly. Most interactions with the server are correctly caught by LR. User Interface actions have no effect on a script.
Reduce the BP to 1 row. Get the script working for 1 row. Then worry about trying to do more rows.