Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Installing Loadrunner

Hi,
    I hope somebody can help, I have been tasked with building a server that will have loadrunner installed, I have rebuilt this box 2 times already as the application tech states that LR wont work on win 2k3 sp2 so I rebuilt as win 2k3 sp1 , now he is stating that it wont work on r2 and wants me to rebuild again. Am I getting correct information from him or not?

Thank you in advance

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Installing Loadrunner

Weclome Steve!

Correct info from whom - (application tech)? HP?

Also, please file according to this:
    http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.ph...e=0#Post117445

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    I hope somebody can help, I have been tasked with building a server that will have loadrunner installed, I have rebuilt this box 2 times already as the application tech states that LR wont work on win 2k3 sp2 so I rebuilt as win 2k3 sp1 , now he is stating that it wont work on r2 and wants me to rebuild again. Am I getting correct information from him or not

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming that you are not working with LoadRunner and seeking the clarification with respect to installation of LoadRunner,

LoadRunner and all its components support the
    Win 2003
    Standard Edition

Enterprise Edition

Service Pack 2

R2

64 bits

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Info from tha application tech who is to install Loadrunner, as for the other info requested I am afraid I don't know, I am not going to be using it, nor installing it myself I am only responsible for the O/S and physical server.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Steve, we use W2K 2000 server SP4. LoadRunner works fine. LR worked just fine on the preceding SPs. The app tech you refer to is wrong.

Do you have the installer instructions and readme file? <those are critical>