VUsers cannot get initialized; error 84817

1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which tool LR or PC)

2. What is the protocol you are recording?
    PeopleSoft Enterprise

5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
    none extra

6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
    Don't know, how can I check this?

7. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have -
    For the moment still trial while licenses are ordered.

9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.)? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
    XP SP2

10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
    Not yet

Ok, so I'm still working with the demo of LoadRunner, this should allow 25 Global users. Global users also includes PeopleSoft users I hope?

Anyway, I tested it also with a simple search on Google, so with standard Web users, and the same problem.

The problem is: I start a scenario in LoadRunner Controller, but even with 2 VUser, I cannot get them to initialize: the users stay until the end in the Init state.

If I then look at the errors, I see:
    message code: -84817
    text: Failed to Initialize. Reason: Timeout

I tried this on 2 pc's within the client organization, turned off firewall and Data Execution Prevention.
    I guess it is a setting on the pc that is not correct, but which one?
    Anybody seen this problem before?

Re: VUsers cannot get initialized; error 84817

OK, small update, if I put the users (PeopleSoft now) to run as a process, they run fine.

Anybody any ideas on which setting in Windows could hamper the behaviour to run as a thread?