How to retrieve a data from database using lR?
Please explain how can i handle the below scenario using loadrunner 8.1.0
================================================== ================================================== ====================
step 1. Student log into an online exam application form using a user id and password
(This can be handled using parametrization)
step 2. Student fills up the first page of the online application and saves.
step 3. Student fills up the second page of the online applicaiton form.
(upon this the system will save the info of the second page based on a unique 'id' saved for the first page against the student.This id will be generated in the database only after the first page save.)
================================================== ================================================== =====================
I want to load test the given situation.
I can handle the scenario upto the first page save, but when it comes to the second page, the 'id' of the first page is a problem, Please give me advice regarding how to handle the given situation.
Thanks in Advance.
Database is : Postgresql.
1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using?
Mercury Virtual Generator
2.1 If .NET, which version of .NET does the app require?
2.2 If .NET, which version of .NET do you have installed?
2.3 If OracleNCA with Oracle Forms Server, please list the version of Oracle Forms Server. You can get this info from the main Oracle Form when launched - Help -> About
3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
4. If URL mode:
- Concurrent groups, or
- Without Concurrent groups?
URL with concurrent groups
5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
(List details here)
6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
7. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have -
- Trial or Evaluation,
- Permanent/Unlimited, or
- Virtual User days?
8. If subscription, is subscription current or expired?
9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.)? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.
10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
N / A
Re: Environment Information