User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

Get the number of vusers (or threads) running

1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which tool LR or PC)
    LR 9.1

2. What is the protocol you are recording?
    Click and Script

2.1 If .NET, which version of .NET does the app require?
    2.2 If .NET, which version of .NET do you have installed?
    2.3 If OracleNCA with Oracle Forms Server, please list the version of Oracle Forms Server. You can get this info from the main Oracle Form when launched - Help -> About

3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
    (indicate yes/no)
    4. If URL mode:
    - Concurrent groups, or
    - Without Concurrent groups?
    (indicate which)

5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?

6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?

7. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have -
    - Evaluation?

8. If subscription, is subscription current or expired?

9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.)? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
    Windows server 2003 sp2

10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?

Within my vuser script I can use lr_whoami to get the current vuser id and other data.

Is there any way to find out the number of vusers (or threads). I know we set this value in the controller, but wondering if there is a way to pick that value from the script, just to do some things dynamically depending on the number of vusers running.

Post Thanks / Like
    0 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

Re: Get the number of vusers (or threads) running

You have been running an evaluation version of LoadRunner for over two months now. This is clearly beyond the standard term for an evaluation and you must have a VAR or HP field engineer involved to have an evaluation license run for this term.

There are several possibilities here
    <ul type="square">[*]Your VAR Field SE is not addressing your questions[*]Your vendor field SE is not addressing your questions[*]You are using an evaluation license for training purposes without purchasing the tool in opposition to the license agreement [/list]

I am going to assume that you fall into one of the first two categories and that your current assistance in your evaluation is, well put quite bluntly, is a load of &lt;insert localized offensive fecal matter reference here&gt;. I am also going to assume that unless you have these questions addressed that your purchase of LoadRunner is at risk.

I would recommend a couple of items.
    1. Speak to your Sales Rep
    LEt them know that your purchase of LoadRunner is dependent upon your ability to have your questions directly related to the use of LoadRunner addressed and unless they are addressed you will not under any circumstances purchase LoadRunner. Given that the average LoadRunner sale is north of 100K USD I will imagine that the sales rep will be all over their engineering resource to get your problems solved so he/she can get your check.
    2. Move your evaluation to a different party
    If you are getting no assistance from your sales rep or your sales engineer, you have the right to move your sale to a different rep or VAR. There is some backoffice work involved on the part of the new rep or VAR to prevent accusations of meddling in an existing sale, but this should result in your being better served.

This thread is being locked. Clearly you are using this forum to either complete your evaluation or self train in violation of the license agreement. We are going to assume that the first condition is most likely.

Several moderators in this forum work for VARS, including myself and Terri. If your VAR is completely ignoring your evaluation requirements and you need another VAR, then you have two options to turn to here in addition to the plethora of VARs listed on HP's website.

James Pulley, Moderator
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes