Sending character string value as argument ??

1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which tool LR or PC)
    8.1 version
    2. What is the protocol you are recording?

2.1 If .NET, which version of .NET does the app require?
    2.2 If .NET, which version of .NET do you have installed?
    2.3 If OracleNCA with Oracle Forms Server, please list the version of Oracle Forms Server. You can get this info from the main Oracle Form when launched - Help -> About

3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
    (indicate yes/no)-no
    4. If URL mode:
    - Concurrent groups, or
    - Without Concurrent groups?

5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
    Load Generator-

6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?

7. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have -
    - Subscription,
    - Perpetual,
    - Permanent/Unlimited
    - Virtual User days, or
    - Evaluation?
    8. If subscription, is subscription current or expired?
    (substitute your answer here)

9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.)? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
    XP SP2.

================================================== =====
    I need some help on VuGen scripting:

I want to send the value of a character string containing parameters also. I just want to pass the character string as literal, and don't want to evalute the parameters incorporated within that character string.

For Example:-

Char temp[50];

temp contains:- "<Request>{requestRefund}</Request>"

I want to place this temp literally including double quotes("), without evaluating the value of {requestRefund} parameter, in fucntion refund as an argument.

void refund ("initials",temp,"status");
    //Is this the correct way to pass the temp..??...any ideas
    // it should show like ("initials","<Request>{requestRefund}</Request>","status");

//is this the correct way to pass temp, so that temp will get replaced with "<Request>{requestRefund}</Request>" and it should look like:- web_custom_request("Anyname", "<Request>{requestRefund}</Request>",LAST);

Please help...Thanks in advance

Re: Sending character string value as argument ??

I think that should be fine for the first example. I don't see why you can't evaluate the variable for the web_custom_request though. I think you should try it both ways and see what works best for you.

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
    web_custom_request("Anyname",lr_eval_string(temp), LAST);
    </pre><hr />

Thanks Terri...

lr_eval_string will evalute the parameter contained within temp, but here I only want to pass value of temp as literal to another fucntion of LR API function as argument,

Will lr_save_string can help me so that temp's value can be passed as string literal without evalutaing the parameter within temp string ???

For example:
    temp is having: "&lt;Request&gt;{requestRefund}&lt;/Request&gt;" //quotes (") are included

lr_save_string(temp, "literal");

and later, in funtion I can do like:

void refund ("initials",lr_eval_string("{literal}","status" );

So, here the argument will passed as literal without evaluating the parameter embedded within literal.

and at runtime, web_custom_request will evaluate all the argumnets with full paramters during the parsing of arguments and will do the further processing.

Please correct me If Iam wrong.

I'm not sure if I know the answer to your question without trying it in vugen myself, but I think the question I have is why are you trying to do it this way? And what are you trying to accomplish?

There might be a better way.