Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Frame work for performnce testing using LR

Hi all,

My profile is as below:

http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.php?Ca...rt=1#Post453459

Hi every one,

I am planning to design the frame work for performnce testing using Load runner as a tool .

Can anybody suggest me how should i approch for it. if any body have some existing frame work so please share it if possiable.

Thanks in advance,

Naveen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Frame work for performnce testing using LR

what is framework ?
    Never heard of it before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Frame work means is i want to creat Generic script for all the web based application. where we can just operate any script just by one external file.

Instead of recording and reply we have to use that generic script and input URL User credentilas and Correlation parameter .

Now please suggest me how can i deal with internel API's of LR to design such generic Script.

Thanks,
    Naveen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    Now please suggest me how can i deal with internel API's of LR to design such generic Script.

[/ QUOTE ]

You will need to contact the vendor for this type of internet API information to hook into the recording and replay engine.

Your goal is laudable, however your approach is one which is better suited to front Application Layer (GUI - OSI Layer 7) automation than it is to Presentation Layer (OSI Layer 6) automation. Most developers these days have never seen the stream type perspective that is visible in a LoadRunner recording log and do not understand that small changes which are invisible to the user will alter the conversation stream. I cannot tell you how many times a script stopped working after a developer slipped something in "which should not impact anything done in performance testing." From your question I might summise that you are a front end functional tester which is being moved into a performance role. Not all development models carry between the two types of testing, if for no other reason, most of the time the work being done for performance is at the client-server dialog level, without the reference level of the GUI foundation to draw from.

If you have a very non-volatile API set, such as a set of SOAP interfaces, then you will have a much better shot at this. Also, if you are automating at the GUI Level (think GUI Virtual Users with QTP or WinRunner) then you have a much better chance as well.

Development templates and standard library header files? Well, that then is a different issue and is very doable.
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks James,

actully I am a performnce tester worked with Jmeter , Load runner and OPEN STA. a year back i come into funtional to design a frame work that i have designd and launched sucessfully.

similar concept i was planning to use in LR but not finding right approch [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

please let me know if you haveany morte information. to achive this goal.

Thanks a Lot,

Naveen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

If thats the frame work, then I dont recommend it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Naveen,

I am today in the same shoes as you were in Aug 08. Have you had a chance to get the Frame work if so could you please share it with me.
    rgds

Srididdi