Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Analysis Session ExplorerToolbar icons not visible

1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using?

PC 9.0

2. What is the protocol you are recording?

N/A

3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,

N/A

4. If URL mode:
    - Concurrent groups, or
    - Without Concurrent groups?

N/A

5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?

None

6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?

N/A

7. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have -

Perpetual

9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems

Win 2003 Server SE SP1

10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?

Yes, Case IDís 3601264420 and 3602682566. Nothing the first time but I fixed the problem by re-installing the HOST software. The problem recurred and the second time the fix suggested was to re-install the HOST software.

I would like to find out if anyone else has seen this problem. I had the Session Explorer Toolbar icons in the Analysis tool disappear a while back on one of my PC host servers. The buttons were still there but very small and clustered to the left side of the toolbar. If you hover over the area the text still pops up describing the buttons. Since all of the options were still available in the menu bar it was not that big a deal but annoying.

I opened a ticket with HP and received a couple of suggestions that did not work and while waiting for a response I had a break in testing and decided to re-install the HOST software. That fixed the problem.

Recently the problem recurred and this time on 3 of my HOST machines. I again opened a ticket and the final answer was to re-install the software. I was also told that the problem was uncommon. I have spoken to 2 of my former colleagues and found that they both had seen this problem.

Have any of you encountered this problem? If so, were you able to correct the problem without a re-install?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Analysis Session ExplorerToolbar icons not visible

While I have not faced a problem like this earlier, but I have seen applications behave abnormally sometimes when an OS patch/update has been recently installed. Check with your network / administration teams if any OS / security patches have been installed on your server around the dates you started having the problem. If yes, uninstall the patches (if you have the rights/access) and run the analysis tool again.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Analysis Session ExplorerToolbar icons not vis

No patches were installed and there were no changes to the servers. I have 8-servers that can run the Analysis app and only 3 have been affected.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I have seen this happening once when I had installed LR9.0 for the first time.I Feel its primarily due to not satisfying complete requirement of LR setup.Check the readme docs and make sure that you have right version in place.There are lot many components needed for smooth running of LR9.0 .I had seen this with winxpsp2.Some dll might not have registered while doing setup.I dont remember but LR might be writing setup information in some log file,check that logfile,it should provide you some insights.
    Reinstalling make sense here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

PC 9.0 was installed months ago. The problem first occurred in March two months after I installed 9.0 and only on 1 of 8 servers. The problem just recurred at the end of July, this time on 3 of 8 servers. I do not believe that the problem has anything to do with LR setup since it worked fine for so long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Then maybe you have dll sharing issues.Did you add any other softwares during those time ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Nothing has changed on any of the servers since PC 9.0 was installed with the exception of the Host software re-install to fix the first server that encountered this problem. No OS changes and no software was added or removed. The servers are dedicated to Performance Center and nothing is changed on the servers without my approval and the approval of a configuration change board. This is a classified system therefore there are no automatic OS or software updates.

I have no problem with re-installing the software to fix the problem, it is just finding the downtime in the schedule to do the work. HP support told me that the problem was uncommon but when I spoke to two of my friends both had seen the same issue. I really wanted to know if it was more wide spread and if so, was anyone able to correct the problem without re-installing the software.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

when this happen,does anything show up in event logs ?
    Maybe you can see as what trigger this behaviour ?
    Do you see any pop up ?
    Any popup while opening any analysis files ?
    I had seen this behaviour happening but if I remember it went away when I did reinstall and booted the machine.All I know is that some dll might not have registered.

Keep us posted on your feedback from Mercury .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

No, everything works normally, no pop-ups. I can do everything and can even use the buttons in the bar if I wish. They are small, grouped to the left, and invisible until you hover over them. But when you hover over them they appear and the description text displays. The only thing you see on that toolbar are the separator lines until you hover over one of the small buttons. There are no errors reported. I even increased the Analysis logging to Debug and did not see any kind of error.

It seems that the formatting for the buttons and their icons has been clobbered in some way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Sounds like some update pushed down causing the problem. Why not take a look at the update list of the machine? See when was the last update patch applied for the OS. That will give some technical evidence such as Windows 2003 Resource Kit, srvinfo.exe

hope that helps.
    papayamilkshake
    LoadRunner Tips & Tricks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast