login - issue
1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which tool LR or PC)
2. What is the protocol you are recording?
3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
4. If URL mode:
- Concurrent groups, or
- Without Concurrent groups?
5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
Not service pack
6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
7. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have -
- Virtual User days, or
(choose the one that fits your license model)
8. If subscription, is subscription current or expired?
9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.)? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
FrontEnd on WinXP SP2
10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
Not filed a SR
In my script the init section has the login which takes almost 40 minutes for each user. Then once the user logs in he does the other actions like T1,
T2 etc in the actions part. There is no logout for this application.
So there are 300 users in the dat file which is used to parametrise the login section and continue with further action sections
To my understanding all users will be logged in only once in the init section taking (300*40 =12000 minutes/ 200 hours),but still it looks like its consuming more time.
Eventhough the dev team is not concerned about the logon part , my concern is that it is the entering block for all the user and its consuming more time.
As a result i think 1 hour test is not sufficient.
1.Is this correct? If so do we need to stop testing further and raise a flag regarding the login part?
2.Also i unchked clear cache. Is there any other setting i need to follow before i come to a conclusion?
3. How long i need to run the test to give sufficient time for login part?
4. Also while scripting and debugging i need to run many many times and its taking atleast 45 min to pass the login block. Any tips to overcome that?
5. do i need to try with a diff protocol to share the http connections?
6. Any one faced such issue?
I am not sure where to start and how to explain..hope i explained in a way you guys can understand.
thanks for any comments