Measuring only Server response time
1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which tool LR or PC)
2. What is the protocol you are recording?
2.1 If .NET, which version of .NET does the app require?
2.2 If .NET, which version of .NET do you have installed?
2.3 If OracleNCA with Oracle Forms Server, please list the version of Oracle Forms Server. You can get this info from the main Oracle Form when launched - Help -> About
3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
4. If URL mode:
- Concurrent groups, or
- Without Concurrent groups?
5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
(List details here)
6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
7. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have -
8. If subscription, is subscription current or expired?
(substitute your answer here)
9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.)? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
Win XP Pro SP2
10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
Measuring server response time (Excluding GUI and Network):
"You can measure the time it takes for the server to respond to a request without going across the network. When you run Vusers on a machine directly connected to the server, you can measure server performance."
Above is written in HP LoadRunner Controller User's Guide.
What is mean by "run Vusers on a machine directly connected to the server"?
1) Does it mean-> Vusers are running on a machine that is connected to server without proxy.
2) Does it mean-> Vusers are running on a machine that is directly connected to server with a simple LAN/network wire (means one end of wire in Vusers machine and other end in server machine).