Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

cjhook_mon.dll for CORBA-Java application

Greetings,

Pre-requisites
    1. What version of LoadRunner (LR) or PerformanceCenter (PC) are you using? (specify which tool LR or PC)
    LR 8.1 on WinXP Professional

2. What is the protocol you are recording?
    CORBA-Java

2.1 If .NET, which version of .NET does the app require?
    N/A
    2.2 If .NET, which version of .NET do you have installed?
    N/A
    3. If HTML - are you using HTML-Advanced with URLs or,
    No

4. If URL mode:
    - Concurrent groups, or
    - Without Concurrent groups?
    No

5. Which LoadRunner/PerformanceCenter feature (FPs) or service packs are you using?
    FP4

6. VuGen Recording - are you using Old or New Recording Engine?
    New Recording Engine

7. What kind of LoadRunner license do you have -
    - Evaluation

8. If subscription, is subscription current or expired?
    (substitute your answer here)

9. What platform(s) (PCs) and Operating Systems (Windows-XP, etc.)? Include version and service packs (SP1 or 2, etc.)
    WinXP Professional SP2

10. If you have filed a service request with HP/Mercury, what have they told you at this point with respect to your issue?
    Have not filed a service request

Issue Description:

I have developed a simple CORBA-JAVA console application where in CORBA client downloads a file from the CORBA server location.

I was able to record the events using CORBA-JAVA protocol support.

When i convert the CORBA client to an java applet, no events is recorded saying "cjhook_mon.dll" cannot be found. Whereas CORBA client as java awt frame is working.

I have modified both the cjhook.ini and user.hooks file to hook the recording engine to my application.

Do i have to do any additional work to record applet events? The version i'm using is LR 8.0 J2SE1.4.2

Any help is much appreciated..

Thanks in advance.
    Performance Analyst
    http://www.csscorp.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: cjhook_mon.dll for CORBA-Java application

We do not interfere with the Evaluation process here. I am pretty sure the CORBA-Java Protocol is not a simple protocol to work with. Your best bet is to contact HP or your VAR for help. They should be very interested in making sure that LoadRunner is viable solution for your organization.

-Terri

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

The issue was resolved. I am able to capture CORBA-Applet event either.

Thanks..
    Performance Analyst
    http://www.csscorp.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

My APPLICATION uses Java Applet as client which are downloaded from an HTML browser on the client machine. The applets communicate to the server through CORBA calls. Due to security restrictions, the applets do not send CORBA calls (which uses IIOP protocol) to the server. Instead the Corba calls are tunneled inside HTTP packets and thus HIOP packets are sent to the server.

I am trying to record this using Java-Record and Replay Protocol available with VUGEN 9.1.
    With this protocol I am not able to start recording as it throws an Error “jdkhook.dll was unable to dynamically load cjhook_rec.dll” and an alert with message “The procedure entry point ?set_mprintf_mode@@YAXHPBD_N@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library jenvutils.dll.”

Please suggest a possible olution to remove this error or any other protocol which fits in to this scenario.

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

if these are within HTTP packets, what does a record with HTTP protocol do with the script? Anything get recorded there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I tried recording with HTTP protocol. It records till Applet is downloaded from the browser and after that any action performed within APPLET is not recorded.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

If the actions in question are all locally bound, the results of local applet code with no server interaction, then the lack of a recording on HTTP should be of little concern. On the other hand, if you are certain that interaction is taking place, then another interface may be involved.

I would grab Wireshark/Ethereal and watch for network action between your suspected hosts when the applet is in use to provide an objective verifiable method to determine if a conversation is taking place or not. Just load the protocol analyzer on the same box as the client and watch between your client and suspected hosts while your app (and only your app) is running.
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I tried to record this using Java-Record and Replay Protocol available with VUGEN 9.1.
    With this protocol,when i use application type as "java applet" it throws an Error saying “jdkhook.dll was unable to dynamically load cjhook_rec.dll” and an alert with message “The procedure entry point ?set_mprintf_mode@@YAXHPBD_N@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library jenvutils.dll.”
    And,when i use application type as "IExplore", it starts recording;records the initial autherization/authentication part,but as soon as I click the link to launch the applet,it closes the browser and stops recording.Also the script that it generates with this much of recording do not conatin any data for the initial autherization/authentication part.
    Can you help on this and suggest possible solution for the above mentioned cases.
    Also please advise,which protocol would be the most suitable protocol for my application.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

IF you are going to record Java, then you need to do it against a Java application, not IE. You will need to have all of your code local for the recording. You will need to make sure that the version of Java you are using is fully supported by the version of LoadRunner you are using and both are resident on an OS supported by both Java and LoadRunner. This can be a particular challenge if your application requires a different version of Java than is fully supported by your version of LoadRunner.

You have noted that your application eventually resolves to the use of HTTP as a transport. I would concentrate here simply because all of the Java environmental dependencies disappear.

Noting that you posted this question three times over a holiday weekend in several different forums, it would appear that this is a matter of some u*gency with you. Given your employer's (TCS) public statements on their website regarding performance testing expertise, I would imaging that an escalation alias exists internally for peer perspectives on how else to approach this. I would leverage such an alias.

Your sense of u*gency may outstrip an all volunteer forum's ability to support you effectively, as no SLAs exist for response or time to resolution here. If you have a very time-critical need, then you might also consider HP support services, which does have SLAs in place for time to initial contact as well as compelling interests in an effective time to resolution.

How did the Wireshark/Ethereal examination work for you? Were you able to determine if any conversation took place between client and server during the window in which you suspect conversation was present but not being recorded with HTTP?
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes