For once I get to offer help
We have been struggling with performance issues with QC 9.2 and have found a couple of things I would like to share. You may already know them (If I can figure them out, they aren't that hard)

Login time excessive: We have found the time needed to complete the login and get to the defect page is linked to the number of defects that are displayed once the defect page opens. If you use a filter that returns 1 or 0 defct records and then logout, this filter will be applied the next time you log into that domain/project and this makes a BIG difference if you are remote or have a big bug DB. HP does not support having a default filter by role or ID [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

The active X takes to long to download. You can beat this by copying to the local machine the files dotnetfx.exe (from Microsoft) and the QCClient.msi from the addin page. You run these prior to launching the user session and no down load is needed. I have an open case with HP to see if I can put these files where the installer will see them and use them instead of trying to do the download. Will advise what I learn.