Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Not able to export from excel to QC9.2 user field

Hi,

I'm trying to export a whole suite of test scripts from excel to QC 9.2. I've downloaded the Excel Addin, and it's working fine until I came across some excel files which had over 255 characters in some of the Step Name cells, (which I can't really break apart). So I thought I'd get around this problem by creating a memo field under Project Entities->Test Step->User Fields, so in my Test Lab->Design Steps tab, I've got 3 columns; the Step Name memo field, and the description and expected results system fields.

Now I do another export from Excel, and it seems that all of the test scripts were imported into one row in QC9.2, so all I've got is the last row of my excel data displayed in the Design Steps tab. Also worth mentioning is that this same thing happens if I use a User Defined String field too.

So now my question is:
    1. Is there a way around the 255 characters problem in exporting from Excel to QC9.2?
    2. If there isn't, why is it when I use a user defined field, QC9.2 dumps everything into one row?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Not able to export from excel to QC9.2 user fi

I didn't think the TCAddIn supported user-defined fields.