Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Help with Generating a Defect Summary Report

Hello,

We have a requirement here to generate a defect log (using excel), which consists of a summary of the defects raised for each project.

QC 9.2 has an option of generating excel reports. The issue we have is that we need to use a specific excel template with the first sheet as a cover page (company logo, project name etc.) and the second sheet containing the actual data.

With the Excel Report functionality of QC we are not sure if we could use an existing template and create a report. I did search in the User Guide and also on the net but was not able to get any solution on this.

So now looking for some suggestion that I could try out.

Please let me know if i need to provide more details

Regards,
    swarrier

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Help with Generating a Defect Summary Report

What does your template look like? Instead of running a report, if you select defects/export, you can chosse which fields are exported (visible ones in defect grid).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Turbografx for the prompt reply.

What you have told is what I was currently doing. I used to export the list of defects and then used to copy this to the template that was required.

Wanted to know if we have a better way to do this using the 'Excel Report' option?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Oh...

You could create the report from the document generator. That will display the defects in tabular format (In word).

Not sure any other way. Maybe someone else knows another way.