Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

TD: Test Director: Unable to open the launch tool

Hi all,

I am facing a very peculiar problem with Test Director 8.0 and QTP 8.2.

When I go to Test Director Test Lab and try to launch the test the QTP launches and then closes. It then throws the error message "Unable to open the test in the testing tool."

I can open my test in QTP and send the reports to Test Director. Also I can launch QTP from Test Plan and execute the script.

Please Note: I have the Test Director add-in and also the settings in QTP for the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: TD: Test Director: Unable to open the launch tool

Close everything in the QTP machine, then open the remote agent, then go to another PC and launch the tests from QC.

Regards,
    Clemens

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

I too got the same issue.Even if I try to run from remote machine also after closing all scripts in QTP,it's still not working. we raised a ticket with HP but no repsonse yet.
    I ahve checked "Allow other produts to run.."option is alos checked in QTP.
    When I try to run any script from QC,it is closing QTP if it is already open.

Sometimes I get "Unable to open the testing tool" error and some other times "Unable to open the testing tool.Check for the valid licence..". Licence is valid fo QTP because QC is running QTP scripts fine on another machines.

Any one can please solve this issue?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

anybody has answer for this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

Im also looking for a solution to this problem.

I have established Test Sets in Quality Center (all test are QTP scripts) but some tests are losing their components and when attempted to run they error with 'unable to open test'.

When the test in question is checked out and back in again, it manages to find the missing data and runs! However I find myself back to square one a month later!

Any help will be most welcome