Keyword framework implementation through QC
We are using keyword framework for testing our application. This involve 9 different folders as Scripts, datatable, Environment,Library, Object Repository,Output,Results,Error Screens and Recovery. The contents of the folder are:
1. Scripts: Contains driver and controller script.
2. Datatable: Contains the input data sheet (excel file).
3. Environment: Contain the environment file (xml).
4. Library: Contain Library file (specific test scripts for application under test based on the test cases) and Utility file (Global Functions). These are .vbs files.
5. Object Repository: Shared repository
6. Output: Output file(Excel file)
7. Results: Result File (Excel file)
8. Error Screens: Error screens are saved in this folder as .png
9. Recovery: This contain recovery scripts
This works fine when the execution is done through a desktop or a shared drive. But now the client want to implement this through Quality Center. Do anybody of you using this approach? Please let me know how this could be done.
We already have the scripts that we are executing through our framework. Can we reuse these scripts or we had to start from scratch.
Re: Keyword framework implementation through QC
This should be moved to the QTP forum.