Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to restore unattached files

Hi,

i have uploaded around 1500 test cases (excel files) in to quality center, in those around 400 files were deleted unfortunately by some one and those were moved to unattached folder, please help me out to restore those files again, i tried to drag files in to the concern folder but again I have to create folder structure.

any help is appreciated.

regards,
    Preetham

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to restore unattached files

unless you can restore the database from a known point, you are doing all that you can to restore the information.

What I would suggest you do is find out the access levels of the person who deleted the test cases, and if it is an action they shouldn't have you revisit your security settings and adjust accordingly.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to restore unattached files

thanks for your immediate responce,

Infact the admin is our client, sitting at offshore we dont have any admin rights, we have given read,delete,modify rights,now to upload this 400 files again would be a rework, so kindly let me know is there any opction and work process to restore all files with their folder structure.

and can we upload .txt files in run time from qtp script in to "Test Plan" Quality Center, its my project requirement.