Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Environmental failure has occurred during execut..

Hi,

I get the following message in the email report after running my tests: Environmental failure has occurred during execution of test

I can not find anything about this failure in the documentation or here in the forum.
    I run my tests with Windows scheduler using RunTestSet.exe
    it then pics the tests from QC and uses QTP to run the test.

The error seems only to appear sometimes and i have not yet managed to get it when i run manually - so that i could debug it - i do hope someone has an idea to why this occurs

In advance thanks
    Regards

Tommy Kjaer, Software QA Engineer - APC|MGE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Environmental failure has occurred during execut..

You need to install test agent on the host machine.
    DOvi

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Environmental failure has occurred during exec

Thx - but test agent is installed and its only 2 of my tests in the test suite that gives this failure.
    When the scheduled run starts it starts the scheduler, test agent and then qtp.
    One of the tests that fails is number 12 of 21 and the other is the last test.
    But again its only sometimes that it fails.
    Regards

Tommy Kjaer, Software QA Engineer - APC|MGE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Environmental failure has occurred during exec

Hi,

I know this has been posted way long back.I have same issue with my windows scheduler where it sends this error message in email notification.

Iam just wondering if this has solution that I can adopt.I checked test agent is installed on host machine.Please someone help me with this.

If this is not valid post or need to create new post,please let me know.As its related to this post ,added comments to same.

Thanks
    Yamn
    Thanks
    Yamini