Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to change QC attachments -folder location

By default Quality Center uses repository C:\Mercury\Quality Center\repository\qc\Default\Test\attach\
    for attachments.
    I need change the attachments storage to another server.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to change QC attachments -folder location

Information on how to do this is in the Site Administration guide.

Easiest (and I think preferred method) is to create a new project, setting up the new information, copying the current project in full. You will not lose history or configuration (if you perform the setup steps correctly), and you can defined the new location of the file storage from that point on.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Tony thanks for your assistance.

Our QC contains two domains. Is it possible to change the location of the attachments folder only for one domain

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I am not entirely positive, but I don't think so unless you have two server installations (one for each domain).

I think the settings where the files are stored at at the top level and you can't specify by individual domains (which aren't anything really more than how they are named, not so much a true separation of information).

I don't have access to the SiteAdmin site at my current place of employment, and coming up to a few days off for a holiday, not really inclined to go read the documentation [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You should be able to find the specifics of how to set up that information in the Installation Guide and/or the Administration Guide for the version of Quality Center you are using.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results