Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Dashboard has no Run entity? OTA as alternative?

hey everyone,

Back again with a small question this time: within the dashboard I am missing the Run entity.

What I would like to do is create a graph that contains the number of testcases run for each week, divided on their result (So week 1 I have 10 testcases , 6 failed, 4 passed. Week 2 I have 8 testcases 4 failed, 4 passed...etc)

For as far as I can see now this cannot be done with the Dashboard since it has no entity for it. (Please bare in mind that I am not be running the latest version of the Dashboard, as my previous posts suspected. If any of you know that in a new patch this issue is solved, then it's also OK)

On the other hand: I have noticed an option within the OTA client called "Graphbuilder". I have no idea what that does, so I was wondering:

Can it be used to generate pictures of graphs for outside of QC, or is it something that is only visible in QC? Just like you can create a new requirement with the OTA client, but the result of your action can only be found inside the QC interface?

++Update++
    I believe I found out the the graphbuilder is indeed only for inside QC. I also noticed that the graphs created in QC only give a table as a result when exporting it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Dashboard has no Run entity? OTA as alternative?

Refer the Total Runs per day KPI. If while creating the portlet you specify the period you want data for. the only thing is that you can not create it week wise coz for that you need to specify somewhere is KPI that you want to draw graph against dates which KPI doesnt allow you to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

An update on the subject, for those who are wondering what is up with the RUN entity in QC Dashboard. Sorry I'm BUMPing but I think this is valuable information:

I also asked the question to HP, and I got some interesting feedback...

[ QUOTE ]

We can add Entities manually. The user defined fields will not be shown by default in the dropdown list of the entities until you add them manually.
    To add new Entities refer to the steps givem below,

•Adding new entities
    Open the file <Dashboard install path>…\qccAdmin_UI.ini.
    Change Param_allow_entities_Editing=true
    Add new entities in the file
    <Dashboard install path>…\defaultTables.xml
    <table name=“NewTable”/>

[/ QUOTE ]

Not entirely sure what he means, but appareantly, it should be possible to create your own entities [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Yeah, you'll probably want to tie your new entity to the QC Run table.