Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Ctrl V (Quality Center) and Ctrl C (excel)

Hi,
    I am using Mercury Quality Center 8.2, I want to Copy(Ctrl C) design steps from tesplan and paste (Ctrl V) into excel sheet.
    I am able to copy from tesplan but when I try to paste in excel, I see that paste(Ctrl V) option in excel is disabled and not able to do so. Any inputs for this problem?

I Know how to export design steps to excel, I dont want to use this option. I want to try out Ctrl V and Ctrl C.

Thanks,
    Winut

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Ctrl V (Quality Center) and Ctrl C (excel)

I'm sorry but I believe that it is simply impossible

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

you do have option to export the test to an excel sheet (right click on the design steps, select the Export option from the menu and you will see various ways of saving out the data.

Now it isn't going to use the clipboard, but you can then open the exported sheet and copy/paste the information from there.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Yes Tony, I did the same to complete my work for time being. But by using this method, time will be wasted. For Ex. If you have 10 tests (each test has some 40 design steps) in test plan... then each test need to be exported to excel then copy from exported file then put in your own file.
    So I was looking for some option where I can directly copy from QC then put in your own file, I guess itís not possible.

Thank you all for inputs.
    Winut

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

If you can do some coding, then OTA should be the way you need to look at.

You can write the output back to an excel easily using it.

I remember putting some code in the QTP section for download of test cases, worth looking at(so do search for "OTA")
    Cheers
    Jonty..
    -- Here to Learn and share ---