Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Can we move Tests up and down in QC ...Test Lab

Hi,
    Can we move up and down test plans within a Test Set in Test Lab Module in the QC? If yes...how

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Can we move Tests up and down in QC ...Test La

Test plans in test lab!! are you sure you are asking the correct question? A test set consists of test scripts. And there is an option of ordering tests under the execution flow tab. Check it out.
    -----------
    Regards,
    Feroz

Its automation not automagic

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

The module test cases are created in is the Test Plan module - so I can see the confusion. Also, it all depends on what the company calls that artifact of testing. I have had to call what is typically known as a test case by as many differnt names as I have worked at companies - terms are not consistent across the industry as we would all like to think they are.

No need to be dismissive to the point, as it is becoming a trend from you Feroz.

hawachun - Unfortunately, the test cases are added to the test set in the order the reference is added. If you are working with a new Test Set, you will just need to be mindful of the order in which they are added. If you are referring to a Test Set which already contains test run information, you are going to have to keep it in the Test Set as it is due to deleting the run at this point will lose your historical data.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Ah, but you can change the order in which tests are displayed within a Test Set in Test Lab. With the test set active, select 'Tests -> Order Tests' from the Quality Center menu. This will give you a dialog allowing you to move tests up/down in the test set.

Not sure when this feature was added, but is confirmed in QC90+.
    Boyd Patterson
    Patterson Consulting, LLC
    www.patterson-consulting.net

[i]Creator of Test Design Studio - Powerful IDE for QuickTest Pro[i]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    Ah, but you can change the order in which tests are displayed within a Test Set in Test Lab. With the test set active, select 'Tests -> Order Tests' from the Quality Center menu. This will give you a dialog allowing you to move tests up/down in the test set.

Not sure when this feature was added, but is confirmed in QC90+.

[/ QUOTE ]

New feature on me! Thanks for correcting me Boyd
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Yep... this one suprised me when I found it too. You won't see it on a context menu, and I rarely touch the standard menus.
    Boyd Patterson
    Patterson Consulting, LLC
    www.patterson-consulting.net

[i]Creator of Test Design Studio - Powerful IDE for QuickTest Pro[i]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi
    This is true terminology is not that clean.
    Ordering tests/test scripts in execution is fine, I was expecting to have something similar to Business Components within a test plan and flexibility to move them in the test.
    I need to watch it closely to find out Test active ...order tests in QC menu