| || |
Report Generation at Test Step level n QC
Can we generate reports/graphs at the test step level? i.e if there are say 10 steps in a test case and only 5 of them are executed, is there any to generate a graph that shows how many number of test steps executed for that particular test case.
Re: Report Generation at Test Step level n QC
I've even tried the following techinique, its very crude its done for every single test case in a test set.
1. In the Test Lab tab, select the appropriate Test Set
2. Select the Test Set in the RHS frame, for which you desire a design-step wise report
3. Click on Test Instance Properties icon. The Test Instance Properties Window comes up.
4. After selecting the appropriate Run in the above window, click on the icon – “Show Run Steps”
5. In the “Run Steps” window, ensure that the appropriate columns are selected. Select all Available columns as Visible columns and click ok.
6. Arrange the viewing order of the Visible columns by clicking on the “Up”, “Down” arrow” keys. Close this window.
7. Now in the Run Steps window, right click anywhere in the grid area to access the menu – Export -> All..
8. Select it and save the excel report at an appropriate location.
9. This report would have the Test step- wise run. All the individual steps will be visible with their results.
Imagine if there are 100 Test Cases for test set then its becomes very tedious. Is there any other effective way of doing it.
Hello, I am finding difficulty in getting the report generated. Can u plz help me on where the test Instance properties window location!!1
The information is very useful! Thank you for sharing the information! Keep up the great works !
I'm not sure where you're getting your info, but great topic