I am trying to run my WinRunner scripts that are saved in QC. I am doing this for the first time.
While doing so, I am not able to connect to WinRunner.Means QC is unable to open the Winrunner script.
I am not sure of the initial seetings if any , to be done on QC side?
Please if anyone has any solution, do let me know.
Yes..The WinRunner is installed in the host system itself.
I did the following setup in the Winrunner:
1. Tools->General Option->Run - cheked the box against "Allow other mercury products to run tests remotely".
2. Tools->Quality Center Connection-> I gave the QC Server name that I am connecting to and gave the right Domain/Project name..in there.
In QC I did the following:
1. Saved the Winrunner script under Test Lab tab in QC.
2. I am able to see the Script shown up in 'Execution Grid'.
3. click the 'Run Test Set' button.
4. ckecked the chek box 'run ALl Test locally'. Since I am running the QC also in the same machine where the WinRunner is installed.
5. I could see the machine name under 'Host Name'.
6. Then when i clcik the 'Run', the status shows as 'loading' and after sometime it errored out with a Timeout message.
Also in QC, under 'test Lab' tab, i choosed 'Tests' in the top tool bar and in that selected 'test Instance Properties' and inside of that I selected 'Configuration' tab and gave the location of wrun.exe file and wrun.ini file aggaints the parameter name 'WinRunnerCommandLine' and 'WinRunnerIniDir' respectively.
Even then Qc is unable to open the WinRunner.