Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Do you have to have at least one Assoc. Func. lib

Basically I am trying to *not* have our hundreds of tests dependent on a specified location of an associated library (in File->Settings (Resource tab) in case we have to change that location for some reason....then we will have to change the association in File->Settings for those hundreds of tests. So I am running an initialization script using a drive letter to find the script that will be defined in an enviornment variable. This works fine....well almost! If I do not have *any* resources listed in File->Settings (Resource tab) then I get a Run Time error. If I list something then it works fine...no errors. Even if I list something bogus as long as I list something....why is that? Does it automatically look for something listed and if there is nothing it assumes you must have made an error?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Do you have to have at least one Assoc. Func.

The thing that i follow is not to have any path in test setting files. So instead of the below

[QualityCenter] Subject\Automation\Common\LoaderModule.vbs
    [QualityCenter] Subject\Automation\Common\DataDriver.vbs

The File->Settings would look something like below
    LoaderModule.vbs
    DataDriver.vbs

And my Tools->FolderOptions would look like
    [QualityCenter] Subject\Automation\Common

Though this makes me dependent on the QTP folder configuration but my scripts are pretty independent and can be run from any folder path just by changing the configuration.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Do you have to have at least one Assoc. Func.

Ok...I can live with that. I still don't understand why I have to put something there. I should have the option of not listing anything.

Thanks Tarun...this was very helpful [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The "Wendin8tor"