The Steps performed to add user defined field "ABC" in Test Plan under Design Steps.
1.After logging into QC -> Tools , Selected Customize option
2. Under Customize -> Project Entities
3. Under Project Entities I selected TEST, here under User fields i added the field "ABC".
4. After adding the field "ABC", I exported the data from the Excel sheet, when i checked in QC, the field "ABC" is displayed under Test Plan -> Details.
5. I carried out the above steps in Test Instance, Test Set , Test Setup.
6. The field "ABC" which i wanted under Test plan -> Design steps is not displayed with all the above 4 Project Entities.
I want the field "ABC" to be displayed along with the
Step Name , Description and Expected Result in the Design Setps Of Test Plan. I am not able to do this, could any one suggest the solution for this?
Yes you need to add that field in Test Steps also if you are getting an error while importing data from the Excel then just check out the excel templet. I think the Templet is available on mercury site.
I am having the same issue. I have added a user field under TestSteps and i could able to map this field to an excel column while exporting but i do not see this user field in Design steps under Testplan. I am not getting any errors while exporting but i don't see this column in design steps after exporting the data.