Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Queries on Mercury Quality Center

Hi All,

Can someone give more insights to these questions relating to MQC. Any inputs or suggestions are most welcome.

1. What is the Product cost for Mercury Quality Center.
    2. What is the cost of each extra license bought if the product is already available in organisation.
    3. Is there a way MQC can interact with 3rd party and open-source tools.
    4. Is there any solution available for integration of FitNesse Framework with MQC.
    5. If any API needs to be built to do this integration , how complex it is.
    6. Does MQC maintain audit trail for Test Cases that we define in Test Plan section i.e. is there a way I can track what are the changes to the test case has happened over a period of time along with details and also can I revert back to the old version.
    7. Can MQC integrate with other Version Managaement tools like CVS, VSS etc.
    8. Can MQC integrate with other defect tracking tools.
    9. Is there a place where I can get a list of 3rd party tools which already have integration with MQC.

Regard's
    Ajay Mishra

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Queries on Mercury Quality Center

You would be best to contact a vendor or HP and have them make a sales visit with a sales engineer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

1. What is the Product cost for Mercury Quality Center.
    As EAS said, That one is for HP

2. What is the cost of each extra license bought if the product is already available in organisation.
    As EAS said, That one is for HP

3. Is there a way MQC can interact with 3rd party and open-source tools. They have solutions for interacting with both Excel and Word. Additionally, if you wish, you can directly access the databases. The schema is published

4. Is there any solution available for integration of FitNesse Framework with MQC.
    FitNesse is unknown to me.

5. If any API needs to be built to do this integration , how complex it is.
    Again, FitNesse is unknown to me.

6. Does MQC maintain audit trail for Test Cases that we define in Test Plan section i.e. is there a way I can track what are the changes to the test case has happened over a period of time along with details and also can I revert back to the old version.
    I was saying yes, with reservations, right up to the last part... then no. You can set up histories, but walking the update tree is not possible. (AFAIK)

7. Can MQC integrate with other Version Managaement tools like CVS, VSS etc.
    Yes, Plugins are available for this.

8. Can MQC integrate with other defect tracking tools.
    Ummm... Well, Macs can now run MS so anything's possible... and about as useful.
    But you can export from one to the other...

9. Is there a place where I can get a list of 3rd party tools which already have integration with MQC
    Quality Center User Add-ins:

-----------Snip-----------------
    HP Tool Add-ins:
    QuickTest Professional Add-in
    Enables you to work with QuickTest Professional in a Quality Center project.

QuickTest Professional for Business Process Testing Add-in
    Enables you to work with business process tests in a Quality Center project.

Microsoft Office Add-ins:

Microsoft Word Add-in
    Enables you to export your existing test documents or requirements in Microsoft Word directly to Quality Center.

Microsoft Excel Add-in
    Enables you to export your existing test documents, requirements, or defects in Microsoft Excel directly to Quality Center.

Others:
    Mercury Screen Recorder Add-in
    Enables you to record what is displayed on your screen as a movie, and create a defect in Quality Center with the movie attached.

Quality Center Explorer Add-in
    Enables Quality Center client users to run a browser-independent version of Quality Center.

Quality Center Package for Microsoft Visual Studio Add-in
    Enables you to manage defects in a Quality Center project from within Visual Studio.

------------------------------------------------------------
    Quality Center Administrator Add-ins:

HP Tool Add-ins:

IT Governance Center-Quality Center Integration Add-in
    Enables you to integrate Quality Center projects with IT Governance Center requests.

HP Service Test Add-in for Quality Center
    Enables you to use the extended Service Test Management functionality in a Quality Center project.

Synchronization Tool Add-ins:

Quality Center Synchronizer
    Enables synchronization of defect data between Quality Center and Rational ClearQuest.

Requirements Synchronizer for Rational RequisitePro Add-in
    Organizes the transfer of requirements data between Quality Center and Rational RequisitePro.

Version Control Add-ins:

Microsoft Visual SourceSafe Version Control Add-in
    Enables Quality Center to work with Microsoft Visual SourceSafe, allowing you to perform version control on your Quality Center tests.

Rational ClearCase Version Control Add-in
    Enables Quality Center to work with Rational ClearCase, allowing you to perform version control on your Quality Center tests.

Third Party Version Control Add-in
    Enables Quality Center to work with a third party version control tool, allowing you to perform version control on your Quality Center tests.

SAP Add-ins:

HP Enterprise Integration module for SAP applications
    Enables you to export SAP Solution Manager business blueprints to Quality Center and update Solution Manager with Quality Center test results.

Others:
    SOX IT Assessment Accelerator
    Provides a predefined project template to assist you in testing SOX compliance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks PAT. Its really of great help.