QC DB Server question..
I am trying to understand something maybe someone can help..
We have QC installed on one machine A. And it is pointing to DB Server which is B.
Now A is running out of space since QC is saving all of it data on it i.e. attachments.
My understanding was that all the data would be on DB server since thats what it is for.
Re: QC DB Server question..
Depends which version of QC you're using?
Before QC 9.0 the data structure for TD/QC was like this:-
<u>Domain Repository Contents (App Server)</u>
• Attach - A subdirectory for storing attachments
• Components - A subdirectory for storing business components scripts
• Components Folders- Folders for storing business components scripts
• Script_templates - A subdirectory for storing template workflow scripts
• Script - A subdirectory for storing workflow scripts
• StyleSheets - A subdirectory for storing style sheets that are used when mailing defects, requirements, or tests
• Tests - A subdirectory for storing automated tests
• Test Folders - Folders for storing automated scripts like WinRunner and QuickTest Professional
• dbid.xml - An initialization file that stores the project information, this file is needed for restoring a connection to a project.
Contains all other project data such as:-
• Manual tests
• Test sets
• Test runs
In QC 9.0 it is possible to store everything in the database, it's a one way operation so backup your projects first.
There are several threads on the Mercury forums and www.tdforums.com regarding this, that might be worth reading.