Remote Execution Problem
I need a little help if anyone can. We're trying to run automation tests remotely from Quality Center on a host machine. The all the machines have the automation tool installed and I think are configured correctly. But each time I try to run the test sets I get an error message 'Access Denied'.
Has anyone else had this or a similar issue? I've tried everything I can think of, that the help/tutorial suggests and have hit a brick wall. I've read the Installation, Administration and user guides - I must be missing something obvious!
Re: Remote Execution Problem
If you are using WinRunner or QuickTest Pro automated scripts, you need to configure that tool to allow Quality Center to access it.
- Open QTP on each client
- Select 'Tools -> Options...' from the main menu
- Select the 'Run' tab
- Check the box 'Allow other Mercury products to run tests and components'
- Open WR on each client
- Select 'Tools -> General Options...' from the main menu
- Select the 'Run' option in the tree
- Check the box 'Allow other Mercury products to run tests remotely'
Hope this helps.