We have manual test cases documented with design steps in Quality Center.
How to associate VAPI-XP scripts to these test cases?
When you initially create a new test case, you have an option to make it EITHER manual OR VAPI-XP.
Re: How to convert a manual test case into VAPI-XP
Hi Buy now your problem may have been solved but as i know the answer to your question may this will help others who come along searching with same problem.
Follow these Steps to convert manual test case to Automated one.
1. Open the manual test case.
2. Go to Design steps.
3. on the above present icons there is on shoe icon with tool tip text " Generate Script ".Just take the mouse cursor over the icons to know the tool tip text.
4. Click on the down arrow beside the icon.
5. It will list all the type of automated scripts it supports select anyone, for example select VAPI_XP.
6. Furhter just fallow the instruction and your test case is ready with TestScript tab enabled. Now paste the script or write....n.....Njoy..
Re: How to convert a manual test case into VAPI-XP?
This is the good solution for converting the manual test case to VAPI, at the same time if you i want to restore the test back to manual test case what i need to do? My scenario is like i converted manual test case to QTP script with the above mentioned steps and now i want to revert to manual test case. Please give me the solution for this. Instead of creating new post i thought of continuing the same post to complete the cycle.