We are having MQC 8.0 and as now are facing space issue,
so we are planning to archive some of the old projects which we are not using them now, how to archive these old projects and free up the Database space ?
The archive process essentially involves two steps: backup the database and backup the project repository.
From within the Site Administration tool, you can see the details for your project. It will tell you the name of the database server, name of the database, and project repository location.
These basic steps will get you the archive:
1) Deactivate the project in Quality Center to ensure nobody is modifying data while you backup.
2) Send the database server and database name to a DBA to backup the database information.
3) Create a backup of the project repository folder
4) Delete the project from Quality Center
To get the project back from the archive:
1) Have the DBA restore the database to the server
2) Restore the project repository folder to the original location
3) From Site Admin, select "Restore Project" and use the 'dbid.xml' file that is within the project repository.