i am facing an issue while executing QTP scripts (which is located in Remote Machine)through QC.
i am getting an Access denied error
i am using QTP 8.2 and QC 8.2
can any one help me on this issue.
i tried checking the option (Allow other Mercury products to run tests and components) in QTP
Go to the remote machine and check the system logs in the Computer Management area of the Control Panel to see if the attempted penetration by QC is logged. Maybe this will give you a clue. If the remote is XP SP2 then several things may have to be disabled.
Here's one thing to try:
Make sure that "Everyone" is added to the user lists for access permissions and start permissions.
On the QuickTest Professional machine:
1. Go to Start -> Run and type "dcomcnfg" (without quotes).
2. From the list of Applications, click on "TlpRmtServer."
3. Click <Properties>.
4. Under the Location tab, verify the "Run application on this computer" option is selected.
5. Under the Security tab, verify you have the Custom option checked for all three items.
6. Under "Use custom access permissions," click <Edit> and verify you have the following entries; if not, you can add them by clicking <Add>:
7. Repeat step 6 for "Use custom launch permissions."
8. Under the Identity tab, verify you have "The Launching User" checked.
Repeat step 1-6 for the DCOM object AQTRmtAgent.
This is quoted from the Mercury Support Site Problem ID#30054. There are several other fixes posted there.
Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
~ Winston Churchill ~