We are planning to migrate from HP Quality Center Enterprise 11 Patch 19 to HP Quality Center Enterprise 12.21. Could anyone tell me what are the main differences between these two versions? Has anyone experienced any problems with HP Quality Center Enterprise 12.21?
12.21 is what I'm moving all of my clients to at the moment.
There's a reasonable delta from v11...
1. WebUI - a pure HTML5 client you can use for requirements and defect mangement (and the req management features are pretty cool).
You can also do basic test plan and test lab functions in there but it is explicitly labelled as "technical preview" .. basically open beta.
Changes in the desktop client
2. compared to v11 you will notice completely configurable requirement types, each with their own fields, coverage rules and RBQM
3. Risk Based Quality Management - RBQM
4. Click to sort on columns of data - no more digging through the 'Filter and Sort' dialogue.
5. Pinned Items: You can create your own 'jump list' of requirements, tests and defects by simply "pinning" them.
6. Business Models
7. Drag and drop from Windows Explorer to the attachments tab to upload an attachment
8. Test Configurations - a very powerful test multiplier
9. Test Runs sub-module.
10. Link configurations to requirements, rather than the tests
11. Pinned tests
12. Drag and drop from Windows Explorer to the attachments tab to upload an attachment
13. Pinned defects
14. Click to sort columns of data
15. Drag and drop from Windows Explorer to the attachments tab to upload an attachment
16. Business Views
17. Shareable Analysis items (this is a very powerful feature)
18. Deprecation of Excel Reports (but you can re-enable them)
19: minor enhancements to automail rules
21. Site Admin - Site Analysis graph will now show you a breakdown of each license type (i.e. BPT)
22. You can connect ALM/QCE to multiple LDAP directories
23. Built in web server - Jetty