User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb QC 11 - Issus with data being copied/pasted into QC

QC users -
    I am facing an issue related to oracle (mostly) and QC 11 (maybe a little), IMHO. I have users who are copying and pasting in data from various sources, like websites, emails, PDFs, into their QC defect record. QC does not have an issue accepting the data, however, once the data has been posted to db, QC is unable to display it. If no one is familiar with this predicament, I may be able to provide screenshots....imagine scrolling down QC records, then you come across a patch of 50-75 that are just blank...every single records, including the BUG ID is blank--all i see are zebra stripes (the grey and white lines between records)...QC chokes on these records and is very, very slow to allow me to scroll through them. Eventually i clear this patch of records and get back to good, "clean" data. The Bug_IDs are enumerating as expected...the blank records are in the db, even though i cant see their BUG ID from the GUI.

If a manually enter the Bug ID into the filter and hit OK, the bad record magically shows up, and I am able to double click and open it. From there, if I cut the bad data out and paste it then NOTEPAD, i can then copy it from NOTEPAD back into the QC field. Once i do this and post, the record then appears valid and shows up while scrolling. My question to the forum, would it be possible to write a OTA API or VBS script to replicate the cutting and pasting i did, using NOTEPAD? If i understand correctly, NOTEPAD encodes in ANSI, and cutting/pasting to and from notepad removes all the offending encoding that is causing my data issues. I would love to hear feedback. Last thing...this is not the first time i experienced this phenomenon --I wrote a post recently questioning whether a QC function (GetBugValue) is causing this issue. GetBugValue appears to be called as you scroll between records...for me, this function is what chokes when it encounters a bad piece of data. I couldn't find much to support my claim...but i can clearly see this function is involved.

Thanks for listening...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wherbjr35; 09-24-2015 at 06:31 AM.