Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Updating AUDIT_PROPERTIES with Command Object

I need to update AUDIT_PROPERTIES (won't go into why, but a real, legitimate need).

I can update AUDIT_PROPERTIES in Site Admin with SQL with no problem (highly undesirable because it's manual)

I *cannot* UPDATE AUDIT_PROPERTIES using the OTA's Command Object - I get an error that I do not have permissions. (what I really need to be able to do)

*** This is *not* due to the Command processing being disabled through Site Configuration. I can update other tables via the Command object.

Using a direct DB connection through ODBC or other means is *not* an option. I really need to do it through the Command.

Anyone have a solution?

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    What is the version and patch level of the ALM/QC product you are using? Have you contacted HP Support? If you are blocked from updating only the one table this could be either a defect or intentional functionality.
    Trudy C
    (Opinions and information contained in this post are wholly my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.)

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    ALM 11 Patch 17 ... no, we have no HP support and yes, I don't like it but I'm just a contractor so there's nothing I can do. Was just looking for ideas. Thanks.

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    This turned out to be a restriction imposed on the Command object (updating the audit tables). Just as it can be done directly in Site Admin, the Site Admin API (SAClient) has a method RunQuery that is not subject to that restriction. Problem solved.