Download/Export defects from HP QC/ALM with attachments
I have one requirement, where I have to generate defects report daily with their attachments and send it to another vendor. I know how to download/export the defects with appropriate columns but not sure how to get the attachments associated with the defects.
If the attachments are just text or image files, and you using a Project Report, then you need to add a subsection for Defect Attachments, and use the Embed Text and Image Attachments document-level setting. Then the attachments will be reproduced within the report.
If you have other types of attachments, and are using a Project Report, then you can use the Download As Zip button to download the report and all the attachments. I think you still have to have the Defect Attachments subsection.
I got this information be opening the User Guide, going to the Analysis section, and searching for the word "attachment". I haven't actually tried to do this with a report.
1. Go to the Dashboard module
2. Select Analysis View
3. Select Analysis > New Project Report (or Ctrl-T)
4. Name your report.
This should automatically highlight the new report in the report tree in the left pane, and select the Configuration tab in the right pane.
Within the Configuration tab, the top level "Document" object should be highlighted.
5. Click the button (in the Configuration tab tool bar) to Add Report Section (or Ctrl-A)
6. In the pop-up, select Defects for Type.
You should now see Document > Defects in the document hierarchy pane, and Defects should be highlighted.
7. Click the button (in the Configuration tab tool bar) to Add Report Section (or Ctrl-A)
8. In the pop-up, select Attachments for Type, and Defect Attachments for Relationship (these should be selected by default).
You should now see Document > Defects > Defect Attachments in the document hierarchy pane, and Defect Attachments should be highlighted.
9. In that pane, highlight Document.
10. In the right pane you should see top level document options. There should be a section named "Document Additional Options". This should include a check box labeled "Embed Text and Image Attachments".