Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Red face Simulate RunTestSet via VBScript

Hi guys,

I would like to share with you this script that exec a testset (of QTP tests) on remote machine.

This is only a case study because I think it is not necessary because you can do the same thing from QC GUI.

IT Site: Esecuzione Strategia Automatica via Script - Motu 4 QC - TipsTricks
    En Site: Automatic TestSet Execution via Script - Welcome to motu4qc-en!

Best Regards,
    Massimo.
    Mt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    You typically do this so you can schedule runs, requiring interactive user input as your script does makes it less useful. I'm not sure if HP ever fixed the issue as I'm still stuck with 9.2, but in 9.2 you can only run a single iteration for BPT through the API. There is also a RunTestSet utility floating around the net somewhere from several years ago.

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by brendan_dick View Post
    You typically do this so you can schedule runs, requiring interactive user input as your script does makes it less useful. I'm not sure if HP ever fixed the issue as I'm still stuck with 9.2, but in 9.2 you can only run a single iteration for BPT through the API. There is also a RunTestSet utility floating around the net somewhere from several years ago.
    Hi Brendan,
    this is only an example as I wrote in my site and I think it is also not necessary. You can do it from QC GUI. I don't know about the utility you talk about. However thank you for your interest.

Best Regards,
    Massimo.
    Mt